Acceptable Use Policy
All services provided by Brown Hosting may be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any United States Federal, State or City law is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material we judge to be threatening or obscene, or material protected by trade secret and other statute. The subscriber agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Brown Hosting and its employees from any claims resulting from the use of the service which damages the subscriber or any other party. Our acceptable use policy is actively and strictly enforced. Offending content or users are suspended from our network, usually as soon as they are discovered, although we will always inform you when and why any action has been taken. Pornography is prohibited on all Brown Hosting servers. This includes sites that include sexually explicit or hardcore images and/or advertising.
Subscriber acknowledges that the service provided is of such a nature that service can be interrupted for many reasons other than the negligence of the company and that damages resulting from any interruption of service are difficult to ascertain. Therefore, subscriber agrees that the company shall not be liable for any damages arising from such causes beyond the direct and exclusive control of the company.
Subscriber further acknowledges that the company’s liability for its own negligence may not in any event exceed an amount equivalent to charges payable by subscriber for services during the period damages occurred. In no event shall the company be liable for any special or consequential damages, loss or injury.
Illegality In any form, including but not limited to the unauthorized distribution or copying of copyrighted software or other data, harassment, fraud, trafficking in obscene material. Undesirable Content Certain types of content are not allowed on our network. We do not host adult content of any description. Content relating to Hacking, Cracking, Warez and IRC is not allowed. Software, audio and video downloads may only be hosted if you are the writer and copyright owner of the resources or you have a right to distribute the materials. Accounts suspended due to content or AUP violation are not refunded under any circumstances.
The following scripts are banned from use on our servers and may not be uploaded or run. Reasons for banning them include adverse effects on server load, invitations to hackers/spammers/criminal activity, etc.
- IRC egg drops
- Proxy servers
- Mail bombers/Spam Scripts
- Anonymous mailers
- IP spoofers
- Port scanners
- Telnet or SSH Access Scripts
- nph-proxy (and other scripts what operates like proxy)
- UBB (Ultimate Bulletin Board, all versions)
- FormMail.cgi, FormMail.pl from Matt’s Script Archive are not allowed.
- IP Scanners
- eMail Services
- File Dump/Mirror Scripts (similar to rapidshare)
- Online Backup/File Storage/PC backup
- Commercial Audio Streaming (more than one or two streams
- Commercial Video Streaming is permitted such as ffmpeg no live feeds
- LifeTime account
- Child pornography
- Free Accounts. (In forums/websites etc..etc.)
- Bruteforce Programs/Scripts/Applications
- AutoSurf/PTC/PTS/PPC sites
- Pirated Software/Warez
- IRC Scripts/Bots
- Auto Updating News Sites
- · Unlimited disk space and bandwidth that comes with shared hosting plans, it’s important to note that the account disk space is to be utilized by website related files, and not as a file archive. Our VPS and dedicated plans come with a fixed set of disk space that you can use to store whatever you’d like within the laws of the US.
- Copyrighted Content: music, movies, games etc..etc that you do not own the rights to
- You MUST NOT use our RESELLER HOSTING ACCOUNTS to offer any of the following kinds of FREE services but are not limited to; Free Web hosting services, Free e-mail services, Free blogging services, Free home pages, Free image hosting, Free trial accounts.
- Sites promoting illegal activitiesAdult related website:NOTE:Adult related website are permitted, but absolutely must NOT violate ANY Europe and USA laws.
- 25% cpu and or memory for 3 minutes.
- Combined 10% CPU & RAM over 24 hours.
- 400 email limit per domain per day.
- 50 concurrent database connections at one time.
- Apache threads to be open no longer then 999 seconds.
- Max php session time of 300 seconds or less.
- Limits are subject to change at any time.
- Any such cases will be found
- the account will be terminated with or without any notice and no refund issued. Account is to be used for hosting only.
- Unlimited cPanel Accounts if you have over 10 accounts we may add a $0.25 fee for each account